March 15, 2011 Leave a comment
I posted some easy ways to help Japan here after the devastating 9.0 earthquake and tsunami. Since then I’ve come across some more, so here they are and pass them on!
- Buy apps from developers donating proceeds to relief efforts.
Capcom will donate all sales from iPhone app, “Street Fighter IV” (99¢) for one week starting March 15.
MotionPortrait will be donating all sales from the company’s 12 iPhone apps, offered at 99¢ each, to relief efforts through March 31.
Stormy Production’s 99¢ “Tunemark Radio” iPad app sales between March 12th and March 20th will be donated.
I do not know to which organizations Capcom and MotionPortrait are donating. Stormy is donating to both the Red Cross and the Salvation Army.
- With Groupon you can “buy” a donation to the International Medical Corps’ Emergency Relief Efforts in Japan and Other Affected Areas. Sorry, no discounts here.
- Buy special Zynga items if you play any of their games, such as FarmVille, Cafe World, Zynga Poker, etc. Zynga will forward 100% of the purchase to Save the Children’s Japan Earthquake Tsunami Children in Emergency Fund.
- Use Google Checkout to donate to the Japanese Red Cross Society.
- Text JAPAN to 20222 to donate $10 to the Save the Children efforts.
- Use Facebook Causes to give money or raise money by viewing ads for the American Red Cross project, the Oxfam America project or the Save the Children project.
- Place this Hello Bar on your website, directing users who click to the Red Cross.
- Keep an eye on App Relief, a coalition of iPhone app developers who raised money for Haiti and are currently updating their site for Japan disaster relief.